Whiting profit more than doubles on jump in production
Oct 23 (Reuters) - Whiting Petroleum Corp, which drills for oil and natural gas in North Dakota, Texas and other shale-rich states, said its quarterly profit more than doubled as production jumped 12 percent.
The company posted third-quarter net income of $204.1 million, or $1.71 per share, compared with $82.9 million, or 70 cents per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue rose 57 percent to $830.96 million.
Quarterly production rose 12 percent over the same period last year to an average of 92,750 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d).
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter