Brazil's jobless rate rises to 5.4 pct in September
SAO PAULO Oct 24 (Reuters) - Brazil's jobless rate rose to 5.4 percent in September from 5.3 percent in August, government statistics agency IBGE said on Thursday.
The number was higher than the median forecast of 5.3 percent in a poll of 30 economists. In September last year, Brazil's jobless rate also stood at 5.4 percent.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park