Brazil's jobless rate rises to 5.4 pct in September
SAO PAULO Oct 24 (Reuters) - Brazil's jobless rate rose to 5.4 percent in September from 5.3 percent in August, government statistics agency IBGE said on Thursday.
The number was higher than the median forecast of 5.3 percent in a poll of 30 economists. In September last year, Brazil's jobless rate also stood at 5.4 percent.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics