Brazil's jobless rate rises to 5.4 pct in September
SAO PAULO Oct 24 (Reuters) - Brazil's jobless rate rose to 5.4 percent in September from 5.3 percent in August, government statistics agency IBGE said on Thursday.
The number was higher than the median forecast of 5.3 percent in a poll of 30 economists. In September last year, Brazil's jobless rate also stood at 5.4 percent.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation