Miner Cliffs Natural profit rises on cost cutting
Oct 24 (Reuters) - Cliffs Natural Resources Inc reported an increase in third quarter profit on Thursday as the iron ore miner reduced costs.
Net income attributable to common shareholders rose to $104.3 million, or 66 cents a share, from $85.1 million, or 59 cents, a year earlier. Revenue rose slightly to $1.55 billion from $1.54 billion.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case |