Colgate-Palmolive quarterly profit rises modestly
Oct 24 (Reuters) - Colgate-Palmolive Co posted a slightly higher quarterly profit on Thursday as it spent more on advertising to promote products including new versions of its well-known toothpaste.
Colgate said it had earned $656 million, or 70 cents per share, up slightly from $654 million, or 68 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 1.5 percent to $4.4 billion. Organic sales, which strip out the impact of acquisitions, divestitures and foreign exchange, were up 6 percent.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |