Colgate-Palmolive quarterly profit rises modestly
Oct 24 (Reuters) - Colgate-Palmolive Co posted a slightly higher quarterly profit on Thursday as it spent more on advertising to promote products including new versions of its well-known toothpaste.
Colgate said it had earned $656 million, or 70 cents per share, up slightly from $654 million, or 68 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 1.5 percent to $4.4 billion. Organic sales, which strip out the impact of acquisitions, divestitures and foreign exchange, were up 6 percent.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |