Ivory Coast natural rubber producer Sogb H1 profit down 48 pct
ABIDJAN Oct 24 (Reuters) - Ivory Coast natural rubber producer Sogb reported a net profit of 3.68 billion CFA francs ($7.73 million) for the first half of 2013, down 48 percent on last year, the company said in a statement in state newspaper Fraternite Matin.
The firm said a 21 percent fall in the price of rubber and increased taxes hit the firm's performance. Turnover declined 6 percent to 33.34 billion CFA francs in the same period, the report said on Thursday. ($1 = 475.9350 CFA francs) (Reporting by Loucoumane Coulibaly; Writing by David Lewis; Editing by Daniel Flynn)
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |