Ivory Coast natural rubber producer Sogb H1 profit down 48 pct
ABIDJAN Oct 24 (Reuters) - Ivory Coast natural rubber producer Sogb reported a net profit of 3.68 billion CFA francs ($7.73 million) for the first half of 2013, down 48 percent on last year, the company said in a statement in state newspaper Fraternite Matin.
The firm said a 21 percent fall in the price of rubber and increased taxes hit the firm's performance. Turnover declined 6 percent to 33.34 billion CFA francs in the same period, the report said on Thursday. ($1 = 475.9350 CFA francs) (Reporting by Loucoumane Coulibaly; Writing by David Lewis; Editing by Daniel Flynn)
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- California school bus crash injures driver, 11 children
- Exclusive: Obama may call EU leaders in Russia sanctions push - sources
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |