CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises on resource stocks; Agnico Eagle jumps
TORONTO, Oct 24 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Thursday, buoyed by strong gold mining stocks including Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd, which jumped 13 percent on estimate-beating quarterly results and a higher production forecast. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 41.58 points, or 0.3 percent at 13,284.90 shortly after the open. Five of the index's 10 main groups were higher, with the materials group rising 2 percent.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data