CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises on resource stocks; Agnico Eagle jumps
TORONTO, Oct 24 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Thursday, buoyed by strong gold mining stocks including Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd, which jumped 13 percent on estimate-beating quarterly results and a higher production forecast. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 41.58 points, or 0.3 percent at 13,284.90 shortly after the open. Five of the index's 10 main groups were higher, with the materials group rising 2 percent.
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |