CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises on resource stocks; Agnico Eagle jumps
TORONTO, Oct 24 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Thursday, buoyed by strong gold mining stocks including Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd, which jumped 13 percent on estimate-beating quarterly results and a higher production forecast. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 41.58 points, or 0.3 percent at 13,284.90 shortly after the open. Five of the index's 10 main groups were higher, with the materials group rising 2 percent.
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight