Mexico's Banorte reports higher 3rd-qtr profit
MEXICO CITY Oct 24 (Reuters) - Mexico's fourth-largest bank by assets, Grupo Financiero Banorte, on Thursday said its third-quarter profit rose 27 percent, as it underwrote more loans and increased assets under management.
The bank's quarterly profit rose to 3.526 billion pesos ($268 million) from 2.78 billion pesos reported in the same period a year earlier.
Banorte's total loan book grew 6 percent from a year earlier to 414 billion pesos as it made more home, commercial and payday loans.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner