UPDATE 1-Mexico broadcaster Televisa posts 16.5 pct fall in third-qtr profit
MEXICO CITY Oct 24 (Reuters) - Mexican media company Grupo Televisa, the world's biggest producer of Spanish-language content, said on Thursday its third-quarter profit fell 16.5 percent, hurt by a higher tax burden, interest payments and currency fluctuations.
The company reported a profit of 2.39 billion pesos ($181.7 million) compared to 2.86 billion pesos in the year-earlier quarter.
Televisa said in a press release that revenues rose 8.1 percent in the June-September period to 18.76 billion pesos.
Televisa shares closed the day up 0.74 percent at 78.75 pesos before the results were announced.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest