REFILE-Qatar Airways "not interested" in Boeing 777X
DOHA Oct 24 (Reuters) - Qatar Airways is not interested in ordering Boeing's proposed new 777X wide-body jet, its chief executive said on Thursday.
Asked whether the Gulf carrier was looking at ordering a proposed revamped version of Boeing's 777 mini-jumbo, Akbar Al Baker said "we are not interested in buying".
Qatar Airways is among several major carriers being courted by Boeing as it finalizes plans for a larger version of its profitable 777 wide-body jet, which is expected to be launched at next month's Dubai Airshow.
Baker was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of an event in Qatar's capital Doha.
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Missouri suburb braces for more racial unrest but calm prevails
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Advancing Ukraine troops take fight to heart of pro-Moscow rebellion |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another