Chubb's profit rises slightly, net earned premiums rise 2 percent
(Reuters) - Property and casualty insurer Chubb Corp (CB.N) reported a modest rise in quarterly profit, underpinned by higher rates across all of its businesses.
Net profit rose to $541 million, or $2.10 per share, for the third quarter ended September 30, from $533 million, or $1.98 per share, a year earlier.
Net earned premiums rose about 2 percent to $3.02 billion.
(Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |