Chubb's profit rises slightly, net earned premiums rise 2 percent
(Reuters) - Property and casualty insurer Chubb Corp (CB.N) reported a modest rise in quarterly profit, underpinned by higher rates across all of its businesses.
Net profit rose to $541 million, or $2.10 per share, for the third quarter ended September 30, from $533 million, or $1.98 per share, a year earlier.
Net earned premiums rose about 2 percent to $3.02 billion.
(Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown