Qatar Airways "not interested" in Boeing 777X
DOHA (Reuters) - Qatar Airways is not interested in ordering Boeing's proposed new 777X wide-body jet, its chief executive said on Thursday.
Asked whether the Gulf carrier was looking at ordering a proposed revamped version of Boeing's 777 mini-jumbo, Akbar Al Baker said "we are not interested in buying".
Qatar Airways is among several major carriers being courted by Boeing (BA.N) as it finalizes plans for a larger version of its profitable 777 wide-body jet, which is expected to be launched at next month's Dubai Airshow.
Baker was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of an event in Qatar's capital Doha.
(The story changes day to Thursday in first paragraph.)
(Reporting by Amena Bakr, Editing by Tim Hepher and Anthony Barker)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia