Legg Mason quarterly profit up 7 percent
Oct 25 (Reuters) - Asset manager Legg Mason Inc on Friday said its quarterly profit rose 7 percent compared with a year ago.
For the three months ended Sept. 30 the Baltimore asset manager reported net income of $86.3 million, or 70 cents per share, up from net income of $80.8 million, or 60 cents per share, in the same period in 2012.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S had expected Legg Mason to report net income of 61 cents per share for the period, the company's second fiscal quarter.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans