Legg Mason quarterly profit up 7 percent
Oct 25 (Reuters) - Asset manager Legg Mason Inc on Friday said its quarterly profit rose 7 percent compared with a year ago.
For the three months ended Sept. 30 the Baltimore asset manager reported net income of $86.3 million, or 70 cents per share, up from net income of $80.8 million, or 60 cents per share, in the same period in 2012.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S had expected Legg Mason to report net income of 61 cents per share for the period, the company's second fiscal quarter.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai