US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Technology shares boost S&P 500 to record
NEW YORK Oct 25 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended their recent climb and the S&P 500 ended at a record high on Friday, helped by gains in technology shares after strong results from Microsoft and Amazon.com.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 61.07 points or 0.39 percent, to 15,570.28, the S&P 500 gained 7.71 points or 0.44 percent, to 1,759.78 and the Nasdaq Composite added 14.401 points or 0.37 percent, to 3,943.361.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls