US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Technology shares boost S&P 500 to record
NEW YORK Oct 25 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended their recent climb and the S&P 500 ended at a record high on Friday, helped by gains in technology shares after strong results from Microsoft and Amazon.com.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 61.07 points or 0.39 percent, to 15,570.28, the S&P 500 gained 7.71 points or 0.44 percent, to 1,759.78 and the Nasdaq Composite added 14.401 points or 0.37 percent, to 3,943.361.
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist