National Oilwell Varco's profit beats estimates
Oct 25 (Reuters) - National Oilwell Varco Inc, the largest U.S. oilfield equipment provider, posted a higher-than-expected quarterly profit as revenue from its rig technology business rose 12 percent.
Third-quarter net income rose to $636 million, or $1.49 per share, from $612 million, or $1.43 per share, a year earlier.
The adjusted profit of $1.34 per share was slightly above the average analyst estimate of $1.32 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose 2 percent to $5.69 billion.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Wall St. tumbles; S&P below 50-day moving average
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible |