Procter & Gamble posts higher quarterly profit
Oct 25 (Reuters) - Procter & Gamble Co posted a higher quarterly profit on Friday, as the world's largest household products maker benefited from some growth overseas, cost cuts and a lower tax rate.
The maker of Pampers diapers and Tide detergent earned $3.03 billion, or $1.04 per share, in the fiscal first quarter, up from $2.81 billion, or 96 cents per share, a year earlier.
Core earnings per share, which exclude restructuring charges, fell 1 percent to $1.05.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N