Sumitomo, Glencore to buy 50.1 pct stake in Clermont mine from Rio Tinto
TOKYO Oct 25 (Reuters) - Japan's Sumitomo Corp said on Friday it and Glencore Xstrata PLC will buy a 50.1 percent stake in the Clermont coal mine in Australia from Rio Tinto for $1.015 billion.
The acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions, including certain regulatory approvals, and is expected to close during the first quarter of 2014.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter