S.Africa's Telkom says CFO suspended over misconduct charges
JOHANNESBURG Oct 25 (Reuters) - South African fixed-line operator Telkom SA said on Friday the suspension of its chief financial officer was related to allegations of personal misconduct and not insider trading.
Telkom on Thursday suspended Jacques Schindehutte due to an investigation into allegations against him.
"The suspension relates to allegations of personal misconduct leveled against Mr. Schindehutte and which came to the Board's attention through a whistleblower," the company said in a statement. (Reporting by David Dolan; Editing by Ed Stoddard)
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs