STXNEWS LATAM-Petrobras says partnership with PDVSA fell through
Oct 25 (Reuters) - Brazil's state-run oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA, known as Petrobras, said on Wednesday that it was reincorporating the Abreu e Lima refinery after talks for a partnership with Venezuelan state oil firm PDVSA fell through.
The decision marked the formal conclusion of lengthy negotiations with Venezuela, which had not paid its 40 percent share of investment in the refinery, launched in 2005 as a symbol of the strategic alliance between the two countries.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |