Czech left takes lead in early election - partial results
PRAGUE Oct 26 (Reuters) - Czech centre-left Social Democrats took an early lead in the central European country's parliamentary election, partial results showed on Saturday.
The party, which plans to raise taxes for banks and big firms, led with 22.2 percent of the vote after 10 percent of polling stations had reported. A new centrist protest movement called ANO had 18.3 percent and the Communists 18.0 percent.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections