Czech left takes lead in early election - partial results
PRAGUE Oct 26 (Reuters) - Czech centre-left Social Democrats took an early lead in the central European country's parliamentary election, partial results showed on Saturday.
The party, which plans to raise taxes for banks and big firms, led with 22.2 percent of the vote after 10 percent of polling stations had reported. A new centrist protest movement called ANO had 18.3 percent and the Communists 18.0 percent.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994