UPDATE 1-Mexican homebuilders Homex. Geo postpone filing third-qtr results
MEXICO CITY Oct 25 (Reuters) - Mexican homebuilders Homex and Geo, which are struggling under heavy debt loads and flagging sales, said on Friday they would delay publishing their third-quarter results.
Homex said it would post its results no later than Nov. 12, while Geo also said it was postponing its latest results after not issuing its second-quarter earnings.
Homex said in a regulatory filing: "The company has been in the process of restructuring, which has led to enormous amounts of extra work for those working at the company, who are themselves in charge of a reduced workforce."
Mexico's homebuilders like Homex, Geo and Urbi were dropped from Mexico's benchmark IPC stock index after failing to file their second-quarter results in a timely manner.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials