Biogen's new MS drug tops expectations, earnings rise
Oct 28 (Reuters) - Biogen Idec on Monday reported $286 million in third-quarter sales of its high-profile new multiple sclerosis drug Tecfidera, providing fresh evidence that the medicine is off to an impressive launch and exceeding expectations.
In just its second quarter on the market, Tecfidera sales easily topped Wall Street analysts' forecasts of about $205 million.
The U.S. biotechnology company said net profit for the quarter rose to $488 million, or $2.05 per share, from $398 million, or $1.67 per share, a year before.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade