Hartford Financial profit rises on higher margins
Oct 28 (Reuters) - Insurer Hartford Financial Services Group's third-quarter profit rose as margins improved in its core property and casualty commercial business.
Hartford's shares were up 2.5 percent in extended trading.
Net income rose to $293 million, or 60 cents per share, from $13 million, or 1 cent per share, a year earlier.
Third quarter 2012 net income was impacted by a net loss of $388 million, after-tax, related to the company's sale of its Individual Life business, the company said.
Earned premium from its property and casualty business fell less than 1 percent to $2.49 billion.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge