Hartford Financial profit rises on higher margins
Oct 28 (Reuters) - Insurer Hartford Financial Services Group's third-quarter profit rose as margins improved in its core property and casualty commercial business.
Hartford's shares were up 2.5 percent in extended trading.
Net income rose to $293 million, or 60 cents per share, from $13 million, or 1 cent per share, a year earlier.
Third quarter 2012 net income was impacted by a net loss of $388 million, after-tax, related to the company's sale of its Individual Life business, the company said.
Earned premium from its property and casualty business fell less than 1 percent to $2.49 billion.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Decaying steel town gets movie star turn in 'Out of the Furnace'