India Watch Industry Outlook to 2018 - Premium Segment and Online Retail to Lead the Growth : Ken Research

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10am EDT

* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.

DELHI, India, Oct. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via PRWEB - The report titled 'India Watch Industry Outlook to 2018 – Premium Segment and Online Retail to Lead the Growth' provides a comprehensive analysis of the various aspects such as market size, segmentation, trends and developments and future projections of the mass, mid and premium price wrist watches as key segments of the market. The report provides the market share of the major brands and company profiles of key players/ brands in all the major segments (mid, affordable luxury, luxury and super luxury) The report also covers the online watch industry and wall clock segment in India and provides market size and future projections of economy, mid and premium price wall clocks as three segments of the wall clock industry in the country.

The Indian watch market for timepieces has grown at a rapid pace in the past few years clocking a CAGR of 9.3% for the period FY'2008-FY'2013. The market for timepieces includes wrist watches, table clocks, alarm clocks and wall clocks. But the market for wrist watches formed the major proportion of the market for time pieces with a contribution of about 89% in the total watch market in the country by revenue while the market for wall clocks formed the rest of the market share of 11% in FY'2013.

The wall clock industry in India has grown from about INR 4,188.0 million in FY'2008 to INR ~ million in FY'2013. The growth in market in the value terms is mainly driven by sales of the wall clocks brands such as Ajanta, Sonera Industries, Opal, Sonam Quartz and Samay. The premium wall clock segment is the fastest growing segment in the wall clock market in India and has grown at a CAGR of 12.3% in the period FY'2008-FY'2013.

Key Topics Covered in the Report:

  • The market size of the India watches industry by value.
  • The market segmentation of the watches industry by wrist watches and wall clocks.
  • The market size and future projections of the wrist watch market in India by value.
  • Market segmentation of the wrist watch market on the basis of price.
  • Market size and future projections of the mass, mid and premium price wrist watch segments.
  • Market share of major players in the mass, mid and premium price wrist watch segments.
  • Market shares of major players in affordable luxury segment and major brands in luxury and super luxury premium watch segments on the basis of unit sales.
  • Market share of major players in the overall India wrist watch market on the basis of revenue.
  • Trends and developments in the wrist watch market in India.
  • Market size and future projections of the wall clock industry in India by value.
  • Market segmentation of the wall clock industry on the basis of price.
  • Market size and future projections of the economy, mid and premium price wall clock segments.
  • Market size and future projections of the online wrist watch market by value.
  • Market segmentation of the online wrist watch market on the basis of price.
  • Market share of major e-commerce websites in India online wrist watch market.

For more information on the industry research report please refer to the below mentioned link:

http://www.kenresearch.com/consumer-products-and-retail/global-luxury-goods-market/india-watch-market-research-report/419-95.html

This article was originally distributed on PRWeb. For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11265130.htm

CONTACT: Ken Research Private Limited
         Ankur Gupta
         ankur@kenresearch.com
         +91 9015378249