Lagardere says Canal + talks with Vivendi ongoing
PARIS Oct 28 (Reuters) - French media groups Lagardere and Vivendi are still in talks over the fate of pay-television operator Canal +, Lagardere said on Monday, after press reports said Lagardere had agreed to sell its stake to its rival.
Lagardere said in a one-line statement that there were "ongoing discussions with Vivendi" in order to come to an agreement.
Press reports over the weekend said that a deal had been struck for Vivendi to buy Lagardere's 20-percent stake. (Reporting by Lionel Laurent, Editing by Natalie Huet)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai