Lagardere says Canal + talks with Vivendi ongoing
PARIS Oct 28 (Reuters) - French media groups Lagardere and Vivendi are still in talks over the fate of pay-television operator Canal +, Lagardere said on Monday, after press reports said Lagardere had agreed to sell its stake to its rival.
Lagardere said in a one-line statement that there were "ongoing discussions with Vivendi" in order to come to an agreement.
Press reports over the weekend said that a deal had been struck for Vivendi to buy Lagardere's 20-percent stake. (Reporting by Lionel Laurent, Editing by Natalie Huet)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'