Lagardere says Canal + talks with Vivendi ongoing
PARIS Oct 28 (Reuters) - French media groups Lagardere and Vivendi are still in talks over the fate of pay-television operator Canal +, Lagardere said on Monday, after press reports said Lagardere had agreed to sell its stake to its rival.
Lagardere said in a one-line statement that there were "ongoing discussions with Vivendi" in order to come to an agreement.
Press reports over the weekend said that a deal had been struck for Vivendi to buy Lagardere's 20-percent stake. (Reporting by Lionel Laurent, Editing by Natalie Huet)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies