Lagardere says Canal + talks with Vivendi ongoing
PARIS Oct 28 (Reuters) - French media groups Lagardere and Vivendi are still in talks over the fate of pay-television operator Canal +, Lagardere said on Monday, after press reports said Lagardere had agreed to sell its stake to its rival.
Lagardere said in a one-line statement that there were "ongoing discussions with Vivendi" in order to come to an agreement.
Press reports over the weekend said that a deal had been struck for Vivendi to buy Lagardere's 20-percent stake. (Reporting by Lionel Laurent, Editing by Natalie Huet)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Defiant Hong Kong protesters demand leader steps down |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border