US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 closes at record on Fed expectations
NEW YORK Oct 28 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 index closed at another record high on Monday as expectations were high that the Federal Reserve will keep its stimulus in place at its meeting this week.
The Dow Jones industrial average edged down 1.35 points, or 0.01 percent, to end unofficially at 15,568.93. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 2.34 points, or 0.13 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,762.11. The Nasdaq Composite Index slipped 3.23 points, or 0.08 percent, to close unofficially at 3,940.13.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image