US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 closes at record on Fed expectations
NEW YORK Oct 28 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 index closed at another record high on Monday as expectations were high that the Federal Reserve will keep its stimulus in place at its meeting this week.
The Dow Jones industrial average edged down 1.35 points, or 0.01 percent, to end unofficially at 15,568.93. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 2.34 points, or 0.13 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,762.11. The Nasdaq Composite Index slipped 3.23 points, or 0.08 percent, to close unofficially at 3,940.13.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |