No possibility Mizuho intentionally hid facts from regulators-external panel
TOKYO Oct 28 (Reuters) - There is no possibility that Mizuho Financial Group intentionally hid facts from regulators investigating the bank's involvement with anti-social forces, the head of an external panel of lawyers said on Monday.
The panel, appointed by Mizuho, reported its findings on how the bank failed for more than two years to end the loans to "yakuza" gangsters after discovering the shady transactions.
(Reporting by Taiga Uranaka; Editing by Shinichi Saoshiro)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin