ANZ bank shares rise 2 percent to record high after earnings
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Shares in Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd (ANZ.AX) hit a record high after it reported an 11 percent climb in full-year cash earnings on Tuesday.
ANZ bank, Australia's third largest bank by market capitaliSation, booked an 11 percent rise in full-year cash earnings, marking its fourth straight year of record profits as it benefited from revenue growth, cost cutting and a drop in bad loans.
ANZ shares last traded at A$33.93, up 2.1 percent.
(Reporting By Maggie Lu Yueyang; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal