Aetna third-quarter profit rises but misses analysts' estimates
Oct 29 (Reuters) - Aetna Inc said on Tuesday that third-quarter net income rose but was held back by results in its private Medicare business, and the company missed analysts' expectations by 3 cents per share.
Excluding the costs of integration and capital losses, the company reported operating earnings of $1.50 per share. Analysts on average had expected a profit of $1.53 per share, compared with $1.55 a year earlier on that basis, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |