Aetna third-quarter profit rises but misses analysts' estimates
Oct 29 (Reuters) - Aetna Inc said on Tuesday that third-quarter net income rose but was held back by results in its private Medicare business, and the company missed analysts' expectations by 3 cents per share.
Excluding the costs of integration and capital losses, the company reported operating earnings of $1.50 per share. Analysts on average had expected a profit of $1.53 per share, compared with $1.55 a year earlier on that basis, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials