Aetna third-quarter profit rises but misses analysts' estimates
Oct 29 (Reuters) - Aetna Inc said on Tuesday that third-quarter net income rose but was held back by results in its private Medicare business, and the company missed analysts' expectations by 3 cents per share.
Excluding the costs of integration and capital losses, the company reported operating earnings of $1.50 per share. Analysts on average had expected a profit of $1.53 per share, compared with $1.55 a year earlier on that basis, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- UPDATE 7-U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State