Initial price thoughts set on CaixaBank subordinated Tier 2 bond
LONDON, Oct 29 (IFR) - CaixaBank is marketing a subordinated Tier 2 bond in the area of mid-swaps plus 415bp, after receiving indications of investor interest above EUR750m, a banker involved in the deal said on Tuesday.
The Spanish lender on Monday mandated Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, CaixaBank and Goldman Sachs to run the 10-non-call five offering, designed to bolster its total capital position and its balance sheet's loss-absorption capacity.
CaixaBank is the first Spanish bank to emerge from the earnings season blackout, capitalising on the current strong bid for higher-yielding peripheral bank debt which a series of Italian banks have taken advantage of in recent weeks.
CaixaBank is rated BBB-/BBB by S&P/Fitch at the senior level, with the new deal expected to be one notch lower at BB+/BBB-.
(Reporting by Josie Cox; editing by Alex Chambers)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin