CB&I third-quarter profit rises, revenue doubles with Shaw deal
Oct 29 (Reuters) - Engineering company Chicago Bridge & Iron Co NV posted a rise in quarterly profit and a doubling of revenue thanks to an acquisition, although its backlog of projects remained flat compared with the previous quarter.
CB&I said on Tuesday third-quarter net income rose to $117.7 million, or $1.08 per share, from $80.2 million, or 82 cents a share, a year ago. Revenue was up 107 percent to just shy of $3.0 billion, boosted by its acquisition of Shaw Group this year, and its backlog stood at $24.5 billion at the end of September.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |