DreamWorks revenue falls as 'Turbo' disappoints
Oct 29 (Reuters) - DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc reported lower quarterly revenue as the international release of its animated film about a snail, "Turbo", failed to match the success of last summer's "Madagascar 3".
Net income fell to $10.1 million, or 12 cents per share, in the third quarter, from $24.4 million, or 29 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 17 percent to $154.5 million. Last year the third quarter included the international box office success of "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted".
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |