IBM OKs another $15 bln for share buybacks
Oct 29 (Reuters) - IBM has approved another $15 billion for share buybacks on top of about $5.6 billion set aside previously and left over from an earlier authorization, helping its shares gain 2 percent on Tuesday.
The latest authorization takes the total set aside for its stock repurchase program to $20.6 billion, to be executed at the company's discretion. It said it expects to request additional funds at its October 2014 board meeting.
International Business Machines Corp also said in a statement it will pay a regular quarterly dividend of 95 cents a share on Dec. 10 to holders of record as of Nov. 8.
Shares of Big Blue were up 2 percent at $180.90 at midday.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |