Itaú Unibanco beats third-quarter profit forecasts by large margin
SAO PAULO Oct 29 (Reuters) - Itaú Unibanco Holding SA , Brazil's largest bank by market value, posted third-quarter net income that surpassed analysts' estimates, according to a securities filing on Tuesday.
The bank earned recurring profit, or net income excluding one-time items, of 4.022 billion reais ($1.84 billion) in the quarter, above the average 3.782 billion reais projected in a Thomson Reuters poll of eight analysts.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |