Nigeria's Access Bank says 9-month profit falls 9 pct
LAGOS Oct 29 (Reuters) - Nigeria's Access Bank said on Tuesday its nine month pretax profit fell 9 percent to 35.08 billion naira ($221 million), from 38.54 billion naira in the same period a year ago.
Gross earnings declined by 4 percent to 154.43 billion naira in the nine months to Sept. 30, compared with 160.39 billion naira the previous year, the top tier bank said. ($1 = 158.55 naira) (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa; Editing by Joe Brock)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls