Electronic Arts profit rises in second quarter, shares up
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Video game publisher Electronic Arts Inc (EA.O) reported higher profit for the second quarter on cost controls and digital sales, although revenues were down on the year ago quarter.
For the three months ended Sept 30, the company posted total revenue of $1.04 billion compared with $1.08 billion a year ago. It reported a net income of $105 million, or 33 cents per share, compared with $49 million, or 15 cents per share a year ago.
(Reporting by Malathi Nayak. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |