Electronic Arts profit rises in second quarter, shares up
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Video game publisher Electronic Arts Inc (EA.O) reported higher profit for the second quarter on cost controls and digital sales, although revenues were down on the year ago quarter.
For the three months ended Sept 30, the company posted total revenue of $1.04 billion compared with $1.08 billion a year ago. It reported a net income of $105 million, or 33 cents per share, compared with $49 million, or 15 cents per share a year ago.
(Reporting by Malathi Nayak. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |