Genworth profit soars as U.S. mortgage insurance loss narrows
(Reuters) - Life and mortgage insurer Genworth Financial Inc's (GNW.N) third-quarter profit rose three-folds as losses narrowed in its U.S. mortgage insurance business.
Net profit rose to $108 million, or 22 cents per share, for the third quarter ended September 30, from $35 million, or 7 cents per share, a year earlier.
Loss in the company's U.S. mortgage insurance business narrowed to $3 million from $37 million.
(Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight