Genworth profit soars as U.S. mortgage insurance loss narrows
(Reuters) - Life and mortgage insurer Genworth Financial Inc's (GNW.N) third-quarter profit rose three-folds as losses narrowed in its U.S. mortgage insurance business.
Net profit rose to $108 million, or 22 cents per share, for the third quarter ended September 30, from $35 million, or 7 cents per share, a year earlier.
Loss in the company's U.S. mortgage insurance business narrowed to $3 million from $37 million.
(Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |