UPDATE 1-U.S. House panel chairman subpoenas 'Obamacare' contractor
WASHINGTON Oct 29 (Reuters) - The chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives Oversight and Government Reform Committee on Tuesday subpoenaed an Obamacare contractor, Quality Software Services Inc (QSSI), for documents related to the federal government's troubled healthcare law website, Healthcare.gov.
Representative Darrell Issa, a California Republican, said in a statement that the UnitedHealth Group unit had failed to meet an initial Oct. 25 deadline for turning over documents on topics from government funding to communications with the Obama administration and the White House.
QSSI was one of 11 contractors that Issa contacted. He set a new deadline of noon on Nov. 11.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |