CORRECTED-U.S. Steel to partially shut Hamilton works
(Corrects headline to clarify that not every part of the facility is affected.)
TORONTO Oct 29 (Reuters) - United States Steel Corp said on Tuesday it will permanently shut down iron and steelmaking operations at its Hamilton, Ontario mill at the end of this year.
Chief Executive Mario Longhi said on a call with analysts and investors that the company will take a non-cash charge of about $225 million in the fourth quarter connected with the closure. (Reporting by Allison Martell; Editing by Janet Guttsman)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- At least four servicemen killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl
- Israel presses on with Gaza offensive, Palestinians fire rockets |