Erste Bank confirms outlook, sees CEE improvement
VIENNA Oct 30 (Reuters) - Erste Group Bank confirmed its full-year outlook for lower profit and risk provisions on Wednesday, saying it still expected central and eastern European economies to improve.
The bank, a leading lender in the region, reported a 3 percent increase in third-quarter net profit after minorities to 129 million euros ($178 million), missing the average estimate of 148 million euros in a Reuters poll.
Risk provisions were flat at 428 million euros, and Erste reiterated it expected these to fall by 10-15 percent over the full year, mainly due to an improvement in Romania. ($1 = 0.7262 euros) (Reporting by Georgina Prodhan; Editing by David Cowell)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls