Barrick has looked at options to raise cash -Bloomberg
TORONTO Oct 30 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp has considered selling part of its copper business or taking a strategic equity investment to reduce its debt, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday, citing "people with knowledge of the matter."
Bloomberg said Barrick has not settled on a strategy, and "there's no certainty a deal will occur." It said the company has also looked at selling part of its huge Pascua-Lama project, located on the border between Chile and Argentina.
The world's top gold producer is expected to raise Pascua-Lama's estimated capital cost on Thursday when it reports results for the third quarter.
Barrick could not immediately be reached for comment.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in November-December
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |