Uranium miner Cameco turns higher profit
Oct 30 (Reuters) - Cameco Corp , the world's third-biggest uranium producer, reported higher quarterly profit on Wednesday as its uranium sales and realized price rose.
Net earnings for the third quarter jumped to C$211 million, or 53 Canadian cents per share, from C$79 million, or 20 Canadian cents per share, a year before.
Adjusted earnings per share were C$208 million, or 53 Canadian cents, up sharply from C$49 million or 12 cents per share a year earlier.
Analysts were expecting earnings per share of 17 Canadian cents.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Australia foreign minister downplays China air defense zone tension in visit