UPDATE 1-Chile posts fiscal surplus of 0.6 pct of GDP in Jan-Sept - gov
SANTIAGO Oct 30 (Reuters) - Chile posted a fiscal surplus of 0.6 percent of estimated gross domestic product for the January to September period, equivalent to roughly 838 billion pesos ($1.67 billion), the nation's budget office said on Wednesday.
In the July to September period the export-dependent nation posted a small fiscal deficit of around 53.2 billion pesos, equivalent to roughly 0 percent of estimated GDP, the budget office added.
Lower prices for top export copper hurt mining-dependent Chile's revenue in the first nine months of the year, the report detailed.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors