REFILE-Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Q3 profit rises 7.6 pct, misses estimates
(Refiles to fix slug)
SHANGHAI Oct 30 (Reuters) - Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd posted a third-quarter net profit rise of 7.6 percent, missing estimates, due to sluggish growth in interest income.
Net profit rose to 67.2 billion yuan ($11.03 billion) in July-September from 62.44 billion yuan a year earlier, the country's biggest lender said on Wednesday. That compares with an average estimate of 68.76 billion yuan in a Reuters poll of four analysts.
ICBC's non-performing loan ratio rose to 0.91 percent from 0.87 percent at the end of the first half.
Interest income increased by only 4.1 percent in the third quarter, though gains in fees and commissions supported growth, rising 13.0 percent.
The bank did not disclose its net interest margin for the nine months ended in September. Through end-June, ICBC's net interest margin was 2.57 percent. ($1 = 6.0902 Chinese yuan) (Reporting by Lawrence White; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994